Currently hiring: Florists
- Casual, but with a view to evolving into a permanent part time position. We look for people who want to be long term members of our team
- Generally required three days p/week, covering at least two of the following: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Approximate shift times are 7am-3pm and 12 noon – 8pm. If you’re required to go the market, it’s a 5am start.
- Our florists…
- Make and wrap our pretty bunches
- Help keep our studio space running like clockwork
- Go to the market to buy flowers when required (up to 2 times p/week)
A bit about us…
We’re an established online flower business with a mission to put more smiles on more faces, for more reasons. Not just for our customers and the lucky people who receive our flowers but, perhaps most importantly, for the lovely ladies and gents on our team. So, getting a good fit between what we need and what you’re looking for is really important.
We think the type of florist who’ll be right for our team…
- Will have (or be studying for) a Certificate 3 qualification
- Is a hard worker, quick learner, resilient and happy to work in a fast paced environment
- Is not scared of early mornings. It’s all hands on deck right from 7am every morning and even earlier if it’s your day to go to market
- Is reliable and dependable. We look for people who are are as committed to the job as we are to them.
- Gets the balance between working hard and having fun at work. While you’ll often need to keep your head down, there are also plenty of laughs to be had. We like working with people who can help create a positive atmosphere while getting the job done
- Is collaborative. Comfortable asking questions, happy getting and giving feedback. And, as you grow into the role, happy to teach and nurture newer members of the team
- Is a team player and happy to muck in with whatever needs to be done on the day, and on a larger scale as the business evolves. That could mean learning new skills, helping out on a weekend occasionally or taking the bins out with a smile when it’s not your turn!
- Is handy with a calculator as we have to do a little bit of maths along the way (nothing too scary though!)
- Is okay with repetition and time constraints. The nature of our work is time sensitive and we send out a high volume of flowers each day.
- Is enthusiastic about what we do as a business and is keen to evolve with us
- Loves working with flowers and the positive impact they have on people – and understands the importance of each of our bunches looking great as a result
- Is available during peak periods (lead up to Valentine’s Day and Mothers’ Day in particular)
- Is comfortable driving a van to market
- Lives not too far away – we’re based in Alexandria, so the logistics need to work for you
Does it sound like you might be good fit?
If so, we’d love to hear from you. Drop us a line with the following info to email@example.com
- Qualifications and work history
- Examples of some recent work that makes you proud
- Tell us why you think we’d be a good fit for each other, and what you’d most like to get out of the job
- Where you live (so we can make sure any market logistics are viable)
- When you’d be available to start
- References – please supply details of two referees
Look forward to hearing from you!
Are you currently at TAFE, training to be a Florist? If you’re interested in work experience as part of your training drop us a line to firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us what you’re after and we may be able to help.